Required education level
Type of contract
Strukton Rail is expanding into North America and is looking for a Reliability Engineer, Railway Systems Asset Management and Maintenance with demonstrated Railroad Industry expertise. The preferred candidate will have 5-10 years of experience with a North American railroad, involvement in rail infrastructure maintenance or renewal projects, and knowledge of Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS) practices applicable to passenger and/or freight railways.
About the job
As a Reliability Engineer, you will be a key member of Strukton Rail’s Global Asset Management Organization working to prevent failures, identify problems before they occur and stay one step ahead of potential breakdowns. As part of the onboarding program, a 2 to 3-week training will be required at Strukton Rail’s headquarters in the Netherlands, with follow-up trainings every six months.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Partner and collaborate with clients to define and implement smart maintenance (asset management) programs, procedures and practices
- Develop, write, implement, monitor and update maintenance and verification plans
- Conduct RAMS analysis
- Define, measure and analyze Key Performance Indicators to identify trends and actions for continuous improvement or corrective measures
- Use of analysis techniques, including RCA/FTA, to provide potential solutions and applicability measures
- Research complex technical issues and recognize the potential for developing or using innovations
- Manage internal and external stakeholder expectations, including but not limited to, reporting, on-site visits and/or inspections
- Coordinate requests for renewal of return of objects (ROO) and requests for amendments (RFA)
- Share best practices with colleagues around the globe to improve
- Strukton Rail’s Asset Management program
Safety is a top priority in all aspects of our operations. The successful candidate must likewise consider safety as paramount and demonstrate an awareness of safe operations.
Strukton Rail North American is based in Bethesda, MD. As a Reliability Engineer, Railway Systems Asset Management and Maintenance, relocation to Bethesda, MD is not required, however, 50% - 75% travel is anticipated.
About the company
Strukton Rail is an international player with groundbreaking solutions for rail infrastructure and electrical systems in rolling stock equipment.
Through almost a century of rail construction experience, maintenance knowledge and technological development, we have successfully created, adapted and connected best practices for rail asset management from all over the world. Strukton Rail is part of Strukton Group. For more information, visit www.struktonrail.com.
The North American expansion of Strukton Rail will be supported by its sister company, Antea Group, an international engineering and environmental consulting company with 350+ resources in the USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 5-10 years of demonstrated experience in rail infrastructure
- Knowledge of Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS) practices
- Knowledge of asset management strategies
- Knowledge of relevant engineering standards and processes
- Knowledge of required computer software applications, i.e.
- Minitab, MatLab and preferably SAP and Optimizer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments concurrently
- Ability to work independently, with a view of both the big picture and the details
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding setting
- Ability to travel as needed
Candidates must pass a company-paid physical exam, drug-screen and have a valid driver's license.